Russian version

English version

Saturday, 18 October 2014

I SHOULD READ MORE

I know it may not have been the best idea of mine to write blog posts in English, as my mother tongue is Russian and I've only spent like the last 13 years learning English and consuming the British/American media of any kind.
Ok, I get it, it shouldn't be much of an issue after all these years of solid studies, but there is still some level of insecurity when I switch the language on my keyboard and start filling a blank page with words. Half of the problem is in the lack of practice, and by practice I mean actual conversation with English-speaking fellas (calling on you here).
And the other half... well, I know I should read more.
I have an odd relationship with books. On the one hand, it takes too much focus (just so you know, I can barely finish a two-line tweet without switching on to the next one). And on the other hand, books have a tendency to have an ending. And if, only if  I manage to stay focused to read a single paragraph full of nicely placed words, boy will I read. I will read the crap out of what I happen to put my eyes on. It's an everlasting dilemma: never find a thing worth reading or lose yourself in the sea of words, bringing your social life to extinction.
(I might have done so when I read The Fault in Our Stars, can't judge me.)
I have an odd relationship with books
I have an odd relationship with books
Fashion Now book and glasses
Audrey Hepburn's autobiography
Audrey Hepburn's autobiography